Simmons DA200S Amp Tweeter Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simmons DA200S Amp Tweeter Search

I recently purchased a used Simmons DA200S Amp. Overall, the amp is awesome but I need to replace one of the tweeters. Any ideas on where I may find one or a type that will work as a replacement? I believe the tweeter size is 2.5“ (64 mm)...

When you ask this type of questions, whatever the label says and specially pictures sure help !!!
    Anyway, maybe a LeSon tweeter works there.
    Also check that you don't have a blown fuse or protection light bulb.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Simmons DA200S Amp Tweeter - Pictures...

Here is a picture of the amp itself and a page capture from the manual that may help with understanding the tweeter I am speaking of.
      Attached Files

Comment

So pull the offending little tweeter and look at it. Does it say LeSon on it anywhere? Does it say anything on it? Motorola? CTS?
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hi airzilla.
          The page capture drawing helps a little, the amp picture can't be opened.
          Take some close up picture showing the tweeter.
          The manual calls them: "2.5“ (64 mm) Tweeter Special design, 8 Ohms bullet horn rated 50 Watts RMS" so search speaker vendors using this description.
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

That sure describes the Motorola piezo. I'd be surprised if this amp used anything fancier than a piezo.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

More pictures...

Maybe this picture of the amp can be opened and I also attached a schematic for the amp. As advised, I will pull the tweeter today and see what markings it may have.

Thanks for all the input so far!
              Attached Files

Comment

Can't see it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Can you? It's behind the grill !!!
                My see-through-metal eyeglasses are a little low on battery today.
                Please pull it out and post a couple front and back pictures.
                Worst case, even a cell phone or webcam image will do but of course a clean defined one from a real camera will be better..
                Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Indeed...

I know that it is certainly hard to tell and it will be best just to pull it and take a couple of pictures and obtain any markings it may have. Should be able to do that tonight. Thanks again everyone...

Comment

Working...
                  X