Behringer GMX212 transformer tap setting from 220v to 110v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer GMX212 transformer tap setting from 220v to 110v

I am new to Music-Electronics Forum, and need a little help from those of you out there who know much more than I do.

I work as an A/V installer and do small electronic repairs, for a local music store.
    Most of what I do is re-soldering a faulty connection, replace pots, jacks, and other easier repair work, that requires very little technical training.

I have a Behringer GMX212, that is from Germany wired for 220v/50hz.

I understand that the transformer has another tap, that may be used for 110v, but I'm not positive of the color of the leads that are for this setting.

Is there anyone out there who knows the proper wiring for converting 220v/50hz to 110v/60hz?

Thanks,
    Ron

Hi Ron, welcome to the forum, and Hi from Lansing. Where is Pigeon? Is that different from White Pigeon?

Unfortunately, most Behringer schematics don't cover the mains wiring.

Can you identify the winding wires? A number of them would be the secondaries all going to the power supply on the board. Ther remainder would be the primary wires. Two of them would go to the power cord already, well maybe not directly, they go to the fuse, power switch, whatever. Are there any extra wires?

Does this amp have a power input block that includes the little fuse drawer? And if so, some of those have the fuse drawer plug in one way for 120, and flip it over for 240. Got that kind? All the primary wires would go to the power input block.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks for responding!

Thanks for the quick reply.

Pigeon is in the "Thumb" of Michigan, about 60 miles Northeast of Saginaw.

I have the amp apart right now, so I'll take a look at the possibility of changing the power to 110v at the fuse drawer.

There is one shrink-wrapped lead, blue in color, going into the transformer. The others are red and black, connected to the switch and the A/C main

I'll post a reply, in a while, as to what I found.

Ron
      Attached Files

Comment

Nah, your fuse thinging only goes in one way. The one's I was hoping for have little letters on them and an arrow you line up pointing at the voltage.

OK, see you have the red and blue primary wires, the red is connected and the blue is taped off? Swap the blue for the red.

Pull that connector off the power supply board. We have a reasonable idea what voltages must be there. The +/-15v regulators probably run off about 25-30vAC center tapped. And the V+/- for the power amp is probably 50vCT more or less. If you apply 120VAC mains to the 240v-wired transformer, you'll get half that, are you? So swap those wires and see if you get full voltage. Monitor mains current just in case.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks again.

Thanks again, I'll swap the wires, pull the connector and test voltages.

Ron

Comment

Working...
          X