Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question about the VHT Special 6 schematic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about the VHT Special 6 schematic.

Guys on a harp amp forum have been raving about the VHT Special 6, so I downloaded the schematic to take a look at it (I'm attaching it here so you guys can understand my question). C9, C10 and C12 are labeled 104, 473 and 472 respectively; I know that can't mean 104, 473 and 472 mfd. What does it mean?
    Attached Files

100,000pF, 47,000pF, and 4700pF.
    "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

What Steve said.

The numbers are read the same as if they were color bands on a resistor, and the unit of measure is pf instead of ohms. So: 104 = 1-0-0000pf
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

AKA
        104= .1uf
        473= .047uf
        472= .0047uf

Comment

Well, trademarks can be very misleading if improperly used.
          Maybe it's a nice little amp , on its own, buy very "*un-VHT".
          Whoever has a Pittbull in his memory (or any other aggressive, high gain amp), will be shocked (to say the least) by this mild mannered, very low power little amp.
          It's so "AX84" like that even their serial numbers begin with "AX".
          A "faux pas"?
          Very un-Fryette; its schematic is even signed in Chinese.
          Oh well.
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

You do not think this amp is any good.It looks like you can play around with its insides and get a little more uhmph out of it.Not a P-Bull but at least not on a curcuitboard

Comment

You do not think this amp is any good.
              Didn't say so; in fact it can be very good ... for clean/rock/blues in your garage.
              Too loud for bedroom.
              For Megadeth/Pantera/Death/Gothic/etc. forget it.
              What scratches me the wrong way is the trademark they are associating to this amp.
              As a comparison, at least those little Jet City amps are much closer to the idea we have about what a Soldano is ... and *are* Soldano designed ... and do *not* use Soldano as a trademark, although they let everybody and his brother to know about his involvement in the project.
              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I just thought I would get one $175.00USD just to play around and make a "little Marshall" type clone.Looks easy to Mod the hell out of...I plat classic rock anyway and not too much metal I am a Old Man

Comment

Working...
                X