Fender Amp salvage parts???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Amp salvage parts???

I was in one of my associates elect4ronic salvage businesses recently.
    He had two gaylords (for the uninitiated these are pallet boxes roughly 47" x 44" x 48" high). full of Fender Guitar amp electronics.
    These are tube and solid state, PC Boards (populated and unpopulated).
    He is in england this past week, and his manager (who is an opportunistic sleeze) wanted $100 for each assembly, and $10K for each gaylord).
    I'll wait until my associate returns from England - he will probably sell me the whole lot for less than $500 (U.S. $).
    any thoughts from the forum?

You get what the market will bear. I went to a professional baseball game a couple years ago in downtown Detroit. A hot sunny July day. I flagged the beer vendor and paid $8 for a large can of beer. Same identical can of beer sells for $1.59 at the local convenience store, and even less if I buy a six-pack at the grocery store. Clearly I won't be driving to the ball park to do my drinking in the future

If you can get this material at a good low price and resell it at a profit, go for it. If that guy can find people who are willing to pay high dollar for it, good for him. Everything in my shop I sell at a profit. It makes me ache when someone sells me a cheap Alps fader for some cheap Numark DJ mixer for $15 when I can find the exact same fader for 89 cents at Mouser. It is up to me how much time I want to spend looking for savings.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
    X