SVT back cover removal tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVT back cover removal tool

What kind of tool is used to remove the back cover/grill off a late 70's SVT head?
    It's a 4-sided hole with 2 straight sides and 2 curved sides. I'm stumped.
    Thanks

You're looking for a clutch head screwdriver. It used to be common for some cars and trucks, worked great in power drivers.
    My rants, products, services and incoherent babblings on my blog.

Comment

Fliptops

Comment

I have bought clutchead drivers at Sears in the hardware. Check at any hardware store with a good selection of hand tools

And I am a big fan of the Xcelite 99 series tools - the yellow handles you stick the various screwdriver blades into. They make a couple sizes of clutchead blades for that series too.

If you are into magnetip screwdrivers, I have a couple sizes of clutchead bits for them too.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

So that's what they're called! I have one but have always thought of it as an "Ampeg screwdriver" as I've never seen those screws used anywhere else.
          That being said I've found a green robertson (#1 square head) screwdriver always works for these.
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
          X