Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tekmeter and biasing?

Hi everybody!

I have a scope/meter from tektronix, called tekmeter 350 iirc. On the scope function, i have a DC function, not much use for me, imho, but there's also a power in RMS function of that DC part of the scope. And there's no amps on the DMM side. So, i thought, could i bias my tubes with this? I have a DIY biassing probe socket thingy. inserting the DMM in between plate and trany.

Any advice?

Thanks a lot.

Max.

Use the probe socket thingy for biasing, you will get more meaningful & repeatable results.

Comment

Originally posted by MWJB View Post
      Use the probe socket thingy for biasing, you will get more meaningful & repeatable results.
      It's a DIY thing, and till next week, i have no DMM to use it with.

Comment

Well, either way, you need the meter to read your bias, looks like you'll have to wait a week.

Comment

Originally posted by MWJB View Post
          Well, either way, you need the meter to read your bias, looks like you'll have to wait a week.

Well, the scope side of the tekmeter has a DC function, and on that, there's a power measurement. I can conect the probe to this. Or i could insert a resistor and do it by voltage drop too! It'sh not all clear in my head hey :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
          X