No announcement yet.

Peavey XR-560 powered Mixer blowing fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You may want to call Peavey & get the right parts.

Comment

GO to the schematic request section, and look through teh stickies. You should find the Peavey master semiconductor cross refernce guide there. It will ofer substitutes.

I myself would probably just stick in a couple pairs of MJ15024 and MJ15025.

But I'd also make sure I really needed them first.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I'm giving up... can't seem to figure this out. Can I use an external power amp and use just the mixer section?

Comment

Can I use just the Mixer section?

Can I use just the Mixer section of the XR-560 and use a external power amp? If so what would I need to do to make the mixer work on its own?

Thanks

Comment

You would need the powr amp section to be in some condition that would not blow fuses or create other hazzards. The mixer section runs on +/-15v from the power amp, so those two powr rails must be functional or replaced. I'm not sure where the reverb unit gets its power, but you'd have to look into that.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Unless more faults have been introduced during the repair attempts, it should be a pretty straight forward and low cost repair for an experienced tech. What about taking it to someone who works on them frequently, it can't cost more than the time and money spent so far, and it would preserve the resale value of the unit?

Comment

Working...
              X