behringer pmp 3000 powered mixer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• behringer pmp 3000 powered mixer

I have one of these, and it seems that the left output is shot. In the different modes for mono/main/bridge, bridge mode seems no different than the other two. In the regular main/mono modes, still no left output. I just got this, so I can't tell the history, but I was wondering if this is just a fuse or something in-exspensive to repair? I am a hundred percent positive, that the left amp has no power.

pmp 3000

Have opened up the unit and checked the power supply rail fuse lines?

Behringer don't supply circuit dig's on this unit's..is it under warranty? if you needed to use it for a gig, you could use it as a mixer and feed the line out's to a power amp...

or remove the faulty side and carry out voltage checks on the good side to help fix the fault...check the o/p devices for shorts...
    Experience comes with more understanding

Comment

Originally posted by plec.22 View Post
      Have opened up the unit and checked the power supply rail fuse lines?

Behringer don't supply circuit dig's on this unit's..is it under warranty? if you needed to use it for a gig, you could use it as a mixer and feed the line out's to a power amp...

or remove the faulty side and carry out voltage checks on the good side to help fix the fault...check the o/p devices for shorts...
      Hey, thanks for the advice, I haven't opened it up just yet but I plan on doing so soon. Are there any other common things I should keep an eye on when peeking around under the hood? I haven't noticed any other problems with the unit, the mixer section works great!........although I did plug my peavey 3000 power amp in and it took a crap. It has a fuse in the back that I thought had come loose. I inspected it, put it back in, and it worked for about a half an hour. Then it slowly died.....just my luck! I would say that it sounds like overheating, but the fan runs and it doesn't get hot. Thanks again

Comment

did the peavey die aswel? your need to pop along to a tech if things are a little hard for yourself to do as these amps have high dc in them between 80v dc of more..
        peavey are cool for supply diagrams for there gear just email them... as for your mixer amp if you can, carry out cold checks on the amp stage to see if there's any component damage...

Comment

Thanks, I haven't had too much time to dig into either one yet, hopefully soon though. I have spent more time switching out equipment and trying to do a little research, just to see if the behringer 3000 was worth trying to fix, or if I should consider it a loss. Which brings another question to mind...... Am I potentionally damaging the working amp it does have by running it with one side down?

Comment

running the amp on one channel is ok to a point, that is hooking (2) 8 ohm cabs to one side gives 4 ohm load and no lower or just use one 8 ohm cab... your best bet at the moment is to open it and disconnect the the supply feeds to both amp modules and use as a mixer... the amp unit's in these amps are part smd and normal power fet's components... I would say the peavey amp is your best bet to fix and you can get the circuit information from peavey.

Comment

where about's are you based?

Comment

Hi J GLASS,

Could you let me know how to open a PMP 3000, starting from the sides or front? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X