Fender Vibroking Reverb Weak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Vibroking Reverb Weak

I have a Fender Vibroking that has a very weak reverb signal. I disconnected the C-19 cap to completely remove the non-reverb signal to remove the clean signal from the mix pot. When you shake the cabinet, the reverb tank springs rattle nice and strong, so I think that my reverb tank through return is good. I ran a 1k sine wave through instrument input and looks good up through the grid and out the plate of the 6V6 into the reverb transformer with scope. When I check the signal at the blue and black wire to J-10/J11 out of the transformer, the signal is low and crap. I disconnected the primary and secondary wires to do resistance and continuity to ground. No shorts from Primary to Secondary windings or Primary to Ground and Secondary to Ground. Primary side is 150 ohms, Secondary side is 1.5 ohms. From what info is out there this seems to be good. I then decided to run ac heater voltage of 6.3vac through the primary and secondary wires still disconnected. Primary side shows 6.3vac, Secondary shows 202.0 mv ac. Does this seem right? Any Ideas? I have included a schematic

Thanks for your input!
    Ke7vhn
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ke7vhn; 04-09-2011, 11:00 AM.

have you substituted another reverb tank?
    Even though you get a good "crash" by shaking it , there could still be a problem with the input transducer, and is it sounds like the signal is good up to the tank. Take out the tank and give it a good visual and resistance check.

Comment

Working...
    X