Peavey CS1200X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey CS1200X

I have a Peavey CS1200X thats blown one of the channels.
    I have all the parts but the 7205 transistors.
    Peavey #70407205.
    Several cross sheets show the following as crosses.
    MPS-U60
    SDS-7205
    BF-463

All of these are near impossible to get.
    Is there a better cross?
    Thanks

I am in the middle of a SLM Audio Centron 1600 that has these goofy bastards in it.
    In this case they are MPSU07.
    Found one on EBay.
    The kicker was the 2N3584 that popped.
    $25.00.
    I guess you could twist the leads on a MJE xxxx & insert it backwards, as the MPS are EBC.

Comment

I have 2 Audio centron 1200s. 1 is labeled as a crate 1200 which is no surprise.
      The mosfets are the pricey hard to find parts in those.
      I don't mind swapping EBC pinouts in a cross. I just want to get one that is safe to sub with.
      The 7205 is the main driver and if it goes, it takes out 8 MJ15024's at $4.00 each

Comment

Do you have ANY Audio Centron schematics?

Comment

Yep MP1200 http://ftp://techknowman.com/Electronics/Schematics/Audio%20Centron/MP-1200.pdf
          techknowman@techknowman.com is my email

TechnicalSupport@loudtechinc.com
          (crate) its where i got it

Comment

MPSU60, I'd be very tempted to swap it for a MJE350. Or if that is too slow and you get parasitic oscillations, maybe a MJE15035. Both are commonly used as drivers in high powered audio amps.

But beware, the pinout is ECB as opposed to EBC on the original part.

I'd like to think that the 2N3584 could also be replaced with the MJE15034, if you don't mind bodging the TO-220 package into the TO66 mounting holes.
            "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

I just found the 2N3584's at a little hole in the wall electronics parts shop i frequent north of Dallas.
              he had a lot of them. I bought 5 for $1.00 each. these are the smaller transistors shaped like TO3 right?

Comment

Yes, TO66s are like mini TO3s. Haven't seen one in years.
                "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Working...
                X