Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dynacord ADD units and Advance Pad- can anyone build a 6 pin DIN splitter box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynacord ADD units and Advance Pad- can anyone build a 6 pin DIN splitter box?

Hello,
    I am a assembling a drum electronics rig and have run into a problem I am hoping someone on this forum can help with.

I have four (4) older Dynacord drum computer units - 3 ADD-1 drum computers and 1 ADD-2 drum/ sampler unit (Note: ADD stands for Advanced Digital Drum) I also have the accessory Advance Pad, which is a remote control unit that has two strike pads, one on either side of a 3 integer LED program readout. This pad unit has a 6-pin DIN male plug that plugs into a dedicated receptacle on the back of each of the four ADD units.

I am trying to find a way to send the program change messages from the pad to all units simultaneously. It seems to me that a 4-way splitter box, similar to the MIDI splitters made by MIDI Solutions Inc. would do this but I cannot find any off-the-shelf solutions.

Is this something a handy DIYer on this forum would be willing to undertake?

Michael

I have Dynacord Add-One stuff!

If you are still interested, I was about to post everything on ebay, but thought you may need some of my gear.

I bought (for a hefty price) the Add-One brain brand new, and it's in a carpeted anvil case and has never been taken out.

I also have 3 pads, a kick pad, and a controller pad/monitor which allows you to hit the pad to move the sampler up or down, the pad has a digital monitor which displays which patch you're on. Coolest. feature. ever.

you can email me directly at mommager@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
    X