My new (old) signal jenny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new (old) signal jenny

Kyoritsu K-128. Arrived in the letterbox today. Haven't fired it up yet, but the seller told me it was working. I'd like to find a schematic (it uses a 6x4 rectifier, a 12AT7, and a 6BM8). Looks like its been recapped at some stage. Thought it was worth a few hi-res pics (sorry tboy).

(Edit - well I just fired it up and it works perfectly, but I'm still on the hunt for a schematic just the same)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tubeswell; 04-29-2011, 06:24 AM.
    Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

FWIW Found a 'schematic' here: Audio Generator K-128 Radio Kyoritsu, Tokyo
    Last edited by tubeswell; 04-29-2011, 09:00 AM.

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Nice piece of kit It looks like a Japanese tribute to the HP 200C. Just right for working on tube audio gear.
      "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Nice old generator...you definitely should replace all those oil caps, tho...glen

Comment

Looks like a dead ringer for a Lafayette T-22 - at least from the front, so if anyone has one of those schematics, that would probably suffice. TIA.

@ Mars - would they be all the grey caps?
          Attached Files

Comment

Long search is complete. Free download here (even tho' it says te-22, its the same thing):

http://bama.edebris.com/download/tech/te22/te-22.pdf

Comment

Sweet... I'm experiencing funky old stuff envy. The best thing is that it's easy to troubleshoot and service should you ever need to. If my transistor unit ever fails I probably won't try to fix it.
              "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
              You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

the simplicity is pleasing

Comment

Working...
                X