Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAV20 Diodes

Hello,
    I'm currently working on a powered Mackie sub (SWA 1801) that "let the magic smoke out". I've replaced most of the bad components but I'm having trouble finding BAV20 diodes.
    Is there a substitute for these? The ones in the amp seem to test bad. I'm using a fluke multimeter with a diode check function. They seem to pass voltage both ways.
    The reason I'm a little puzzled is that there are a few of them in the amp and they all check the same which leaves me wondering if i'm missing something. I've checked them both in and out of the circuit.
    Thanks!

According to the spec sheet, they are general purpose diodes. Mouser shows that they have 29,889 or so in stock ready to ship.

They should check just like any other diode.

Comment

Thanks, I must have been in a hurry when I was checking mouser before I totally missed them.

Comment

I would like to add, if you are fased with a confusing meter reading, "when in doubt, remove them from circuit"

Comment

You should get an OL or open reading when diode is reversed biased out of circuit. If they are all giving you a reading both ways out of circuit you better verify that the meter is working right on diode function.
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
          X