No announcement yet.

Behringer xenyx 2442fx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One at a time, as we post all of the Behringer schematics.
    Heh, heh, heh.
    The next grouping should be Line 6!

Comment

I'm putting them up on my website, or I should say that I have been putting them up on my site. its one of the places I "back up" my schematics. I'm just terrible at setting my website's security to keep just anybody from getting them. "Wink"

Comment

I am not allowed to hand them out, but if i become aware of them online, i am happy to share that information. I know ther is some site in Hungary or somewhere with a bunch of them. Google the schematics, and usually on page 5 or 6 you will find some good links.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Techknowman View Post
          I'm putting them up on my website, or I should say that I have been putting them up on my site. its one of the places I "back up" my schematics. I'm just terrible at setting my website's security to keep just anybody from getting them. "Wink"
          Where are they?
          Nice site, Technoman!
          Found zip when looking.

Comment

I dont have any links up but they are in a folder on my site.
            /techknowman/Electronics/Schematics
            May have to FTP to get them.

Comment

Noticed it didn't have the power supply in the schematics

Comment

OK fixed the power supply working great!
                Then I knocked my drill "power screwdriver" over and broke the effects selector shaft off of the little encoder.
                Grrrrrrrr. Me and my luck. So It looked like a standard encoder that is used on other equipment. I have these in stock. install it. No go.
                I suspect that the behringer part is different don't know how. Any way I need the behringer part number and this part if anyone has one to sell. Have $$$

Comment

Is this the encoder you spin to select an FX setting, then push down to trigger it? That would be an encoder PLUS push switch. Not so common as plain encoders.

Just on the off chance..... Many time I encounter pots with broken off shafts, and I have no proper value replacement. But the pot itself works, just the shaft is broke. So if I have the same type pot in the wrong value, I carefully unbend the tabs and disassemble the wrong pot to remove its good shaft. I then disassemble the broken pot the same way, transfer teh new shaft into it, then rebend the tabs. Voila, new pot.

SO if your encoders look the same, and the old one is broken anyway, maybe take it apart, and see if the shaft assembly in the wrong new encoder would happen to work in the old encoder body?
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Here, if Frondelli doesn't have it for you - and thanks for having the actual part number - here is what you are looking for:

Behringer Y32 32430 24605 ENCODER 24 POSTION/32425-09452 | Full Compass

Comment

Behringer Xenyx 2442FX SMPS

Originally posted by Techknowman View Post
                      I have one of these that looks like the power supply is defective.
                      I cant find any schematics on the unit. so if anyone can tell me what the voltages should be on the connector from the power supply to the main mixer board, that would be great.
                      And if you really feel like it a part number on the power supply.
                      And if you really, really feel like it a copy of the schematic
                      I know that the op amps should have a +/- 12 to 15V on them and they don't the only voltages I read from the supply is +5V and 48V when the phantom power is turned on, so im guessing no +/- 15VDC
                      Working on Behringer stuff is so much fun!
                      Here is the SMPS schematic.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the schematic.
                        I may have to salvage an encoder from a scrap unit. I have had the unit for a month and I am having trouble actually getting the part. some places don't have it, 2-4 weeks for delivery. other places have it but I can't seem to get a connection to order it. been a week pasing emails with no way to online order.

Comment

I am wondering if any of you can help me on here. I had a good friend of mind check out my power supply to see what was wrong with it. At this point the only thing that powers up is phantom, nothing else. Referring to the schematics we found on it here's what he had to say about it.

The problem with yours starts (from the left)...
                          - The handful of parts up to D1 are fine
                          - The voltage across capacitor C7 is correct
                          - Resistors R10, R11 and R12 all look fine, not open or shorted
                          - Resistor R16 and capacitors C10 and C26 also appear to be fine
                          - Once you get to IC2 (the TOP245Y) everything stops

Either that IC is bad, or the transformer to the right of it (UB-SPSU1) is shorted – or both. The IC can be imported from China or England (I didn’t find a US source, but I didn’t look REAL hard). I had no luck searching for a compatible transformer.

Along the right you see the various output voltages.... the 48 Volts at the bottom is only for the phantom power. The 12 Volts at the top is only for the light bulb outlet that’s disconnected. Which leaves a +5 Volt source, +15 Volts and –15 Volts that actually run the mixer.

At least half of the parts to the right of the transformer are ‘surface mount’ parts, that are darn near impossible to remove and replace... Hopefully nothing in that area is bad.

Thanks for your help in advance!!!

Comment

Here is your TOP 245
                            Link: Find TOP245 Stock and Compare Prices Across the Most Reputable Distributors in the Industry.

Comment

The transformer is VERY unlikely to be bad. The TOP chip could have failed, but it is also controlled from elsewhere, and could simply be shut down.

HOWEVER:
                              Your phantom works. The TOP switches the transformer primary. The one single transformer. SO if the phantom works, then the TOP must be working. How could you have phantom without a working TOP?

Surface mount is surface mount, it isn't hard to deal with if you just learn to deal with it. It isn;t going to go away. There are online tutorials to watch. DO I prefer through-hole? You bet. But the industry isn;t waiting for me to change. CHipQwik works well enough if you can;t desolder the stuff conventionally. And hoping that side is not bad is not going to change the fact that that side is MOST likely to be wher the problem lies.

Are we running this supply with the loads disconnected? With the mixer disconnected from it, do the voltages come back or remain missing?

CHeck all those secondary side diodes for shorted or open.

Comment

Is the schematic still somewhere?? Behringer no longer lets schematics out of their sight.

Wayne Thomas
                                CmtComm

Comment

Working...
                                X