Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Faulty Keyboard Technics KN 500 switches off all the time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi G1

Success!: the Technics SN500 is working again!

I just wanted to thank you hugely for the help in getting the keyboard going. It means a lot to me because I it use, but it also means a lot as it was my mother's, she used it a lot. She's 88 now and it meant a great deal to be able to give her the chance to play on it again. Inside the keyboard is stamped with the date 29th September 1994 and mum had had it from new. So many, many thanks.

I got the replacement transistors from one of the people on Ebay that you suggested, (what they sent actually had the 'R' on them) so thank you for that too.

Comment

Hi Juppie

Success!: the Technics SN500 is working again!

I just wanted to thank you hugely for the help in getting the keyboard going. It means a lot to me because I it use, but it also means a lot as it was my mother's, she used it a lot. She's 88 now and it meant a great deal to be able to give her the chance to play on it again. Inside the keyboard is stamped with the date 29th September 1994 and mum had had it from new. So many, many thanks.

I got the replacement transistors from one of the people on Ebay that G1 suggested, so thank you for that too.

Many thanks again.

Comment

Thank you for this conversation, even though it is a few years old.

I'm starting to restore a KN-500 and I have exactly the same breakdown.

I found transistors on a well-known Chinese site.

Surely not of great quality, but I will post the result here.

Many thanks again.

Comment

Good luck to MarcW.

I fixed my KN-500 in 2017 it seems from my previous post, and it has had a lot of use since. I use it with MIDI link to computer and for general playing and composing. I notice that I refer to mum's age being 88 at the time of my previous post - she is 94 now! How time flies!

Comment

Working...
          X