Belt Kit for Tascam 202MKIII?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belt Kit for Tascam 202MKIII?

Does anyone know of a source for a belt kit for a Tascam 202MKIII or have a service manual with a mechanical parts list? PRB doesn't list Tascam. If you know if there is the same mechanism in a Teac that would be helpful too.

Do you have the old belts? Measure them. Belts are sold dimensionally at various places like MCM. They come in square flat or round. If they are broke, put a string or something in place to get a length, or s trip of paper, whatever.

Parts lists generally say "main belt," or "fast wind belt." No description.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      Do you have the old belts? Measure them. Belts are sold dimensionally at various places like MCM. They come in square flat or round. If they are broke, put a string or something in place to get a length, or s trip of paper, whatever.

Parts lists generally say "main belt," or "fast wind belt." No description.
      Thanks Enzo,
      I know this. I was a bench tech for many years. But measuring belts is a pain and old belts stretch, (these are bubble gum soft and deformed) so it is never exact. A cross referrence kit or Tascam part numbers would be better. I have an email into Tascam parts and a few suppliers. Maybe I'll get lucky with an OEM kit. If not I'll have to do what you said or buy a manual. I actually found belt kits on eBay but they want $26 a side. Belts are $1.25 or so normally.

Comment

Working...
      X