Old Peavy 10 band EQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Peavy 10 band EQ

I have an old peavy 10 band EQ and one side has gone out the other side or channel works great. I would like to keep it and repair or find out how to check and replace the output transitors , I do not think it is the EQ Switch because there is a fuzz and lite sound coming out in either position.
    Thanks JamesT

What is the exact model name? Should be on the front or at least on the serial number plate.

I am assuming the Stereo 10-band.

Peavey customer service will send you any schematics you ask for.

These things do not have output transistors.

Have a volt meter? Try this: plug a cord into the input, and at the other end of the cord, measure to see if there is about 15 volts between the tip and sleeve of the plug. We want to do the same thing at the output, but we can;t do it from the outside.

Inside, on the main board, there are 8 14 pin ICs along the board. WHichever side of the unit thay is bad, check the end IC on that end. The four corner pins are output pins. Check all four for DC voltage.

Are these ICs in sockets? If so, try swapping the two end ones. Do it carefully, and note which end is which on the ICs. Did the problem move with the IC?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

10 band stereo

I will open it up tomorrow and do as you said and let you know. I have just finished one heating and air electronics class and have been using a volt meter for years on electrical, I use it to check voltages on computers I build and power supplies for keyboards and so on.
      Thanks give me a little time and I will get back to you on the EQ.
      sincerely,
      JamesT

Comment

Working...
      X