mackie cr1604

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mackie cr1604

Can any one help me with a problem with my mackie cr1604? its solo light is flashing and i have no outputs from any channels, i have checked all the mute buttons and the are not pressed.

Hi Ging
    Well a good place to start is to check the power supply .
    If its not the VLZ version the J3 connector from the manual
    Pin
    1 - 16volts blue negative supply
    2 Ground Black
    3 + 16volts Red positive supply
    4 n/c
    5 + 48volts phantom

There is a mention in the manual that the regulators (U1 & U2) can work loose and shut down.
    Also the diagram shows 5 fuses in the ac side of the psu .
    F1 & F2 are the main ones that should be of concern.
    F3 is for the lamp and F4 & F5 are for the 48v supply.
    If they are ok and you are getting +/- 16v I suggest you get hold of a service manual as they can be hard to work on.
    Judging by the lack of response I guess this could be a hard one to do by correspondence !

EDIT : Just spotted some diagrams posted by Doctor
    http://music-electronics-forum.com/t18379/

Comment

Originally posted by Ging View Post
      Can any one help me with a problem with my mackie cr1604? its solo light is flashing and i have no outputs from any channels, i have checked all the mute buttons and the are not pressed.
      There are lots of different 1604 Mackie mixers. It would be helpful to know exactly which one it is. Does it only say CR1604, or are there letters and numbers after that?

When you say no output, which output are you checking? Headphones, main out. The reason I'm asking is because there are a LOT of solo switches on some of these mixers, and just one pushed somewhere will kill the output in your headphones. Main outs should still work ok.

You say you checked the "mute" switches. You need to check the "solo" switches.

Comment

And there may be solo switches in the master section in addition to all those in the channels.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X