Legend A30 Transistor D40E5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legend A30 Transistor D40E5

Does anyone know where I can get a D40E5 or equivalent for a Legend A30 amplifier. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!!

Those D series parts are the old TO202 package. The D40E5 is a 2 amp 60 volt NPN. A TIP31A (or B or C)should slip into its place unless the tab has to exactly fit something.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thank you for your reply! I will check this out tomorrow. The TIP31A is easy to find. I am also looking for a 1N1418. I am surprised Digi-Key, Mouser or any of the other places I order from don't seem to have them. Any idea on a source? Thanks again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Penn View Post
        Thank you for your reply! I will check this out tomorrow. The TIP31A is easy to find. I am also looking for a 1N1418. I am surprised Digi-Key, Mouser or any of the other places I order from don't seem to have them. Any idea on a source? Thanks again!!!
        Hey Billy, wassup brother???

Believe it or not, you can always try eBay for those old semiconductors. I've had a lot of luck, even if they had to get shipped from Hong Kong.

Other places to try:

AMS - AMS Semiconductors - Website Diodes, Transistors, ICs, and Other Discontinued Electronics

Futurlec, The Electronic Components and Semiconductor Superstore

B&D Enterprises - Electronic Components Distributor

Subs is the key word my friend.
        John R. Frondelli
        dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

I am not surprised Digi-Key does not have the diode, it has not been produced for a while. It is a 15volt Zener 10watt that is usually replaced by a 1N2979.

Comment

Um, this is just a small guitar amp, would they really have a 10w zener in there?

Are you sure you don;t really need a 1N4148, and just wrote it down wrong? The 1N4148 is about THE most common diode we see, they are everywhere. Small glass diode? And that might explain why you can't find it.

I have a mental image of some amp with a small powr amp board, and in the center of the board was this square metal bar sitting up and inch or so from the board itself, and two power transistors were screwed to it, one from either side. COUld this possibly be what you have? If it is, I replaced transistors on one once, and had to go to different shape transistors, and had to go through some effort to rearrange things to make them physically fit.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hey Stan, what happened to the, er..... more hirsute look?
              John R. Frondelli
              dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

I wore a trimmed beard for 30 years but about 5 years ago the girls in the office presented a wrapped gift. A complete shaving kit. I took the hint.

Comment

Uh oh, I'm 15 years overdue then.

Comment

You would have done it years ago if it was hinted at by 12 beautiful Russian girls....:>)

Ironically, my live-in girlfriend seeing the old photos and begs me to grow it again. I think part from her preference for beards but mostly from her belief that all the pretty girls around me hate beards.

Comment

Hah, when I went off to college in the 1960s, I started a beard - and after a false start have worn one ever since - but the girl I was seeing didn;t like the scratchyness after the first few days, and I was lying there on the couch with my head on her lap and she started pulling chin hairs out one by one. I went upstairs and shaved right then. I don't think she was Russian, but she madde her point.

Comment

Working...
                      X