Spirit Folio Notepad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spirit Folio Notepad

I have just bought a Notepad for literally pennies, the reason being there is no PSU. Can anyone tell me what the +- voltage and current is, and is it possible to use two wall warts, one + one - instead of building a new PSU. From what I can see the PSU for this model is no longer available and even if it was judging by the price of other folio Psu's, way out of my range. Help appreciated. Happy Xmas.
    Dave.

Did you try looking for the manual on the Soundcraft web site? The power supply spec might be in there.

Don't know if the Folio is still in production, but the site has a "discontinued products" section.

I bet + and -15v would work.
    "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Thanks Steve, I have a couple of Variable psu's that go to 18vdc. Dyou reckon they would worklike I said 1 at 15+ and one at 15-. cheers Dave

Comment

Apparently it uses 36VAC centre-tapped at 600mA. You should be able to hook up a split DC supply internally after the rectifiers but the 48V phantom supply is derived from the AC voltage so you will lose that.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thank you g-one, forgive me if I sound bit dumb but I take it what you mean is I just need a 240 volt transformer with 18-0-18 secondary??
          Thanks, Dave.

Comment

Yes, that's what it would be. As long as it's good for 600mA. You will have to figure out which of the connector pins is the ground.
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thanks G-one, have a good Christmas.
              Dave.

Comment

Hi, I have a spirit folio F1 14/2 mixer, It uses a psu which diplays on the case that it puts out 17.1v - 17.1v - 0v, all ac, however I tested each core and got readings at 38v - 18v - 0v... I guess soundcraft are trying to ensure no one can replicate this for some reason..?

Hope this is useful to you.

Dan

Comment

You are just reading the pins in the wrong order.

A 17 - 0 - 17 VAC means from the center tap there will be 17v to either end. If you start with one of the end pins you will get 17 and 34v.

Put your meter on the pin that gave you 18v and measure the voltage from there to each of the other two pins. I bet you get about 18v each way.
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
                  X