PV2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PV2000

I have a PV2000 that i have running again.

I'm needing 2 of the 70403080 Chips used in the DDT circuit (U101).
    I have them out right now and unit works well without them. Put them in and the -15V is shorted so I know they are bad.

I was wondering if this is similar to the 87487 (70487487) OTA chip thats replaced by the 39095750 OTA adaptor assembly from Peavey ?
    1 is a CA-3094 the other an LM-3080N

The PV cross sheet i have doesn't show any other crosses.

Your very best bet would be to contact Peavey.

"Customer and Technical Support
    If you have questions concerning product operation, support and warranty, contact one of our Customer Support Representatives toll free at 877-732-8391, by email at customerservice@peavey.com, or by using our Forums.

Parts Department
    To order replacement parts, please call us at 877-732-8391 (toll free in the US) or 601-483-5365. The Parts Department extension is 1386. Our business hours are 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Central Time, Monday-Friday. Hold times may be long during peak hours. If you have to wait on hold, feel free to leave a name and number and one of our Parts Sales Coordinators will contact you as soon as possible. Payment can be made via credit card, or we can ship COD to a place of business only. "

Comment

I have run into several amps, mostly PV8.5C's where that chip, or the one like it, has just been removed. I'm guessing the last guy repairing it did'nt want to mess with finding them since the amps work ok without them... Untill they don't
      Its hard to justify $30 + shipping for just 2 parts when most everything else in the amp is relativly cheap.

Comment

I'd bet if you were handy with a soldering iron, you could replace the pair of them with a LM13700, but don't quote me on it!
        "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Yeah but....
          That DDT circuit works pretty slick when it is functioning properly.
          Weigh the cost I guess.
          (Economics in amp repair. Woulda thunk)

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
            Yeah but....
            That DDT circuit works pretty slick when it is functioning properly.
            Weigh the cost I guess.
            (Economics in amp repair. Woulda thunk)
            Oh I fully agree! I don't like not having them in there, and on this PV2000 there is no way i'm not going to put the updated module in.
            Its just the last time I needed 2, ended up buying 3 it took weeks to get them because Peavy was out.

If they are out again, I guess I could have a run of 20 PCBs made. Its a simple circute that I have already reversed enginnered and have gerber artwork ready to have made.
            Last time I checked I could have them made parts and all for under $5 each. Just would take me a while to use up 20 and my time is more valuable than the $10 each i "might" save after building them.

Comment

Yard Sale

I could sure use a replacement now & again.
              Maybe we could try to get T Boy to start a Yard Sale Forum.
              Kind of like the Parking Lot forum.

Comment

Well peavey has them. 14.99 each. Bought 5 this will give me 6.
                Still may look at making them.

For everyones FYI...
                The following are replaced by the 39095750 OTA adaptor assembly from Peavey 14.99 each

403080 (70403080) Chips
                87487 (70487487) OTA chip
                CA-3094
                LM-3080N

Comment

Thanks for the info.
                  Kind of in the same vane:
                  I got snookered into repairing a 17 year old Denon AV receiver.
                  It turns out that the PCMxxx A/D Ic was bad.
                  I found one in Hong Kong & it shows up.
                  Surface Mount.
                  (I must learn to read the fine print)
                  So I Googled SOIC to DIP & up comes a bunch of sites that sell these nifty little boards that fit in the DIP holes & on the top is a little etched circuit that runs the SOIC pins to the DIP.
                  Cool!

Comment

Yea at my day job i have a sheet of them. we use them for prototype testing.
                    unfortunatly the OTA adapter chip is not 1:1 in the pinout. the ota board & chip has 2 OTA circuits. 1 is set for unity gain and basicly not used the other and a few resisters and a cap or two is used to replace the old ic.

Comment

Working...
                    X