Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casio cdp200R Keyboard shutt down

HI.
    I have this keyboard for repair. The problem is I dont have a service manual for it.
    What happens is this; After powering up the unit stays on for a couple secs( 20 sec), and the randomly swtches off. The on time varies everytime I switch on again. I have checked psu, Now running from bench PSU. Have checked caps ESR, all fine.
    Any ideas??

Try this. Power it up. DOn;t wait for it to fail. Smack the end of the thing with your fist. Does that trigger it off? For that matter, wiggle the power connector. ANy intermittants? I often don;t have a service manual on those, but in the area of the power conector will usually be some transistors or voltage regulators. Look VERY closely at the solder on all of them for cracks.

Of course circuits can fail anywhere, but the majority of repairs on units like that in my experience have been cracked solder connections on the power jack and the power supply related components.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hey Enzo,
      be certain to also suggest wearing safety glasses while balling up your fist & wacking a 'Casio' as this could result in personal injury from projectile plastic! ;-] glen

Comment

Working...
      X