Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soundcraft Spirit Folio 12/2 one channel not working

Hi,

i've been using the above mixing desk for a while now with everything working fine. However, I notice today that only left channel is working. I've swapped leads, checked soundcard and output is fine (it's an external M-audio), speakers on monitor ok as is also a tv.

Conclusion is that some kind of fuse has blown, I think.

Anyone any ideas what part of the desk needs to be looked at, which fuses are responsible and need to be replaced? Is this something I can do myself (novice and technophobe, but have replaced fuses in technics 1210 record deck on several occasions) ?

Any very basic suggestions or specific fuse replacement advice much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Ox

Well it's not going to be a fuse (at least not in the mixer unless it has a built-in power amp section).

If there are "Insert" jacks for the main outputs try plugging something in/out of them a few times to exercise & wipe the normalling contacts in those jacks. Also if there is a "Main/Mon" switch for the outputs try pushing that in/out a few times for the same reason.

Sometimes it is the jacks or controls that never get used which can build up oxidation & cause problems.

Comment

Working...
    X