Tascam 424 MkII Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tascam 424 MkII Help Needed

I was rummaging around in my storage area and found my Tascam 424 mkII analog recorder and a pile of old band cassettes.

I would like to use the Tascam to dub the tapes into my computer, but I think my drive belt might be bad.

Can anyone please tell me where I can find a new belt for my recorder?

Thank you,
    ken
    Last edited by ken; 02-22-2012, 02:20 AM.
    www.angeltone.com

What's bad about it?

Is the motor turning, but the belt doesn;t move? Note the proper direction, and give the flywheel a bit of a turn to get it started. Did the mechanism cycle and go home? Work now? If the belt is slipping, Qtip and alcohol, clean the pulleys and belt path, and clean the belt. Take belt off and rejuvenate the rubber. Use "mineral spirits" which is sold in the paint department. Wipe it on and wipe it off.

Or does the motor just not move?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hello Enzo,

The motor is OK, the belt is just a little stretched out. I cleaned the belt path and rejuved the belt. I can put in a known good tape that was played and rewound on a different machine, and the tape will only play about halfway before the transport shuts itself off like it would if the tape has ended. I can look at the belt in the transport, and it doesn't seem as taut as it should be.

ken
      www.angeltone.com

Comment

Working...
      X