Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powermate 1000/2 questions.

Hi guys!

My band owns a Dynacord Powermate 1000/2. We play on PM for years but we're still ignorant about electronics and the way it works, so I would be really gratefull for some tips and explanations.
    Recently our guitar player found some small gig and he wants to connect just one speaker on PM1000 (doesn't want to carry other speaker). I think that's not a good idea but I don't have a real argument since we both don't know anything about how it works - and his argument is - that can work, so why not.

1. Can connecting of just one speaker to PM1000/2 damage the mixer and how? (can't find the explanation on google or dynacord manual since everyone connect even number of speakers.)

2. Other thing that I dont understand - relation between number of speakers and impedance and power - since we usually connect 4 or 6 speakers on powermate (i guess that's called serial connection - from output of 1st speaker to input of 2nd speaker...). How do we calculate the Ohms, output power per speaker (what does it really mean/changes).

I know that for most of you these are amateur questions, but my life would be much easier if I could understand the basics of the equipment that I'm working with... so, thanks in advance for your time in answering this.

1) if it's a real low volume show, you can use just one.
    However, if you find it's not enough, do not overpower it, but add another similar speaker on the other channel, not hanging it from the first speaker.
    2) you were connecting your speakers in parallel, not in series.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
    X