Peavey Pacer Howls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Pacer Howls

I have an older Peavey Pacer 100. When the reverb control is turned up, a howl type feedback is produced. The feedback is a solid mid frequency howl. It continues even if the reverb pan is disconneted. I have the shematic from Peavey but of course there are no indicators as to which component is which. Can anyone lead me in the right direction. I need the reverb.

Welcome to the place. If it does this without the tank, then the circuit is oscillating. It could be a bad ic chip or maybe a broken connection in the reverb return circuit. If you post the schematic here, everyone will be able to point you to the parts that need to be checked.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	pacer Schematic1 001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	824650 Here's thClick image for larger version

ID:	824650e Pacer SClick image for larger version

ID:	824650cheClick image for larger version

ID:	824650me Here's the Pacer Schemeatic

Comment

sorry Not good will try later another way

Comment

pacer100.pdfheres a copy of the entire manual including the schematic. please let me know thanks

Comment

pacer100.pdfheres a copy of the entire manual including the schematic. please let me know thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Rink L Finish View Post
              [ATTACH]17915[/ATTACH]heres a copy of the entire manual including the schematic. please let me know thanks
              Boy that's an oldie! I'd suggest checking around the transistor that amplifies the return signal from the reverb tank. See if the small 180 pf cap is there and solidly soldered. For that matter check everything for bad solder joints and loose nuts and bolts, etc.

What sort of test equipment do you have available?

Comment

A Fluke 800 multimeter with diode and cap check

Comment

It does it even without the pan conneted? OK, what happens if you short the return to ground at the chassis?
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I had one of those amps back in the day. It howled too, but it was the tank. I put an EV 12" in there and it sounded great. Cut a record with it and people thought it was a Marshall.

Comment

Working...
                    X