Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i got a broken 4 track yamaha tape recorder for free. its in pieces ,board cracked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i got a broken 4 track yamaha tape recorder for free. its in pieces ,board cracked

what can i do with all these parts? what do you suggest? not exactly sure on what is possible with all the chips and caps and pots ect....... the board is cracked so i couldnt fix the tape recorder...its in pieces anyways, so just wondering if i list some of the components ....someone might tell me the value of any of the pieces. i wanna know if i could make a effects pedal or this or that with the spare parts

chips: dbx : AN6292 34.8
    c1290c-9018m main chip ; yamaha xj387bo-4806 3e2
    mc14066bcp - jjcb9315f
    sharp IR2e27a 735c

transistors d1915
    A114 ESS
    c114ESS
    a933 srs
    C2060 rr
    K301 q.36

TONS OF SLIDE resisters and trim pots caps........ it is a yamaha so i think the parts are japanese.
    dont know if im just wating my time here.... just want to know what i have. thanks

Many cracked boards are repairable. You just drill a hole at each end of the crack and jumper the broken traces with appropriate thin solid wire, ground planes with braid. Just takes patience and a little skill. As long as it isn't a 3 or more layer board.

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
      Many cracked boards are repairable. You just drill a hole at each end of the crack and jumper the broken traces with appropriate thin solid wire, ground planes with braid. Just takes patience and a little skill. As long as it isn't a 3 or more layer board.
      no, there is a million tiny traces that are broken in a couple places , it seems to be in a critical part of the pcb. so i just took it all apart. just want to know if any of the pieces have any value as reuse in other projects.

Comment

Oh I started out finding old dead TVs out in the trash behind TV repair places, I'd haul them home and strip out any parts I could. I remember having plenty of time and no money. SO I can relate. Not only that, but sometimes I get tired of what I am doing, so just as therapy I find an old cassette deck or maybe a VCR and I strip it down to its screws and parts. I find that a soothing waste of time.

What have you got? DDDid it plug into the wall or use a power adaptor? If it plugged into the wall, you'd have a low voltage power transformer you could use to make some project, and a power cord. The little transistors on the board are probably all suited to audio work. I save all the screws, I now have a bitchin collection of metric hardware, just from stripping down cassettes and VCRs. The tape transport parts usually don;t become useful, not to me. But the small shielded cables running from the board up to the heads is useful to me for running shielded lines inside stuff.

Chances are most of the ICs will be real specific to tape recorders. Things like the DOlby chip for example, or record amp with bias oscillator. Not much use elsewhere.

If you are really hard up, resistors and caps are pretty generic, of course these will all have real short wire leads. But I have to admit, one day a while back I had stripped out that cassette deck and thrown the guts in the dumpster. Then the next day, I needed a small transistor for something, and I just didn't have what I needed in my drawers. I remembered throwing out the cassette deck board, so I went and fished it out, and sure enough, one of the little transistors on it was just the thing. I completed my repair. But when it comes to things like small resistors and caps, new ones really don't cost much.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

hahahh, cool man thanks a lot. thats all i wanted to know. take it easy dude. trash is treasure. id rather tear apart some old device than pay a dollar a piece for a 1/4 audio input or whatever. you know . it is therapy man. and it slowly shows you how things work if you pay attention and do research. well anyways thanks for the advice. later. oh yeah. it has a low volt transformer, how do i know what the end votage will be from 120 just by loking at the transformer? is there codes like resisters?

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
          Oh I started out finding old dead TVs out in the trash behind TV repair places, I'd haul them home and strip out any parts I could. I remember having plenty of time and no money. SO I can relate. Not only that, but sometimes I get tired of what I am doing, so just as therapy I find an old cassette deck or maybe a VCR and I strip it down to its screws and parts. I find that a soothing waste of time.

What have you got? DDDid it plug into the wall or use a power adaptor? If it plugged into the wall, you'd have a low voltage power transformer you could use to make some project, and a power cord. The little transistors on the board are probably all suited to audio work. I save all the screws, I now have a bitchin collection of metric hardware, just from stripping down cassettes and VCRs. The tape transport parts usually don;t become useful, not to me. But the small shielded cables running from the board up to the heads is useful to me for running shielded lines inside stuff.

Chances are most of the ICs will be real specific to tape recorders. Things like the DOlby chip for example, or record amp with bias oscillator. Not much use elsewhere.

If you are really hard up, resistors and caps are pretty generic, of course these will all have real short wire leads. But I have to admit, one day a while back I had stripped out that cassette deck and thrown the guts in the dumpster. Then the next day, I needed a small transistor for something, and I just didn't have what I needed in my drawers. I remembered throwing out the cassette deck board, so I went and fished it out, and sure enough, one of the little transistors on it was just the thing. I completed my repair. But when it comes to things like small resistors and caps, new ones really don't cost much.

Comment

Originally posted by goochisgod View Post
            hahahh, cool man thanks a lot. thats all i wanted to know. take it easy dude. trash is treasure. id rather tear apart some old device than pay a dollar a piece for a 1/4 audio input or whatever. you know . it is therapy man. and it slowly shows you how things work if you pay attention and do research. well anyways thanks for the advice. later. oh yeah. it has a low volt transformer, how do i know what the end votage will be from 120 just by loking at the transformer? is there codes like resisters?
            Transformer? Plug it in and measure the output. There's going to be rectifier diodes or bridges, filter caps, regulator components. Probably a few quad op amps as well. LEDs. You could use lots of this stuff in pedals.

Comment

Well,
              you can go to one of the datasheet sites to determine what the IC & transistors are...all those japanese transistors actually start with '2S' as in 2SA114ess, 2SC114ess, 2SA933 (very common pnp) 2sc2060 and the last one is a FET 2SK301...

glen

Comment

Working...
              X