Crate/Ampeg service returning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate/Ampeg service returning

Apparently LOUD has realized their error. I got a call, and follow up email from the service center coordinator at the SLM division of LOUD in St. Louis. They want to restore the service network, would I be interested in rejoining their new network. I said yes, of course.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Interesting. I contacted the service center three separate times. I just wanted to remain on the list to receive service information. However, the person that I was transferred to, "Pat", never returned my calls. Maybe it's time to try again.
    Tom

Comment

That's good news because it was pretty bad. I think there was only one person doing that gig and he wasn't very knowledgable about amps,part's nor did he have the resources to do so. They never called me back either but I did receieve one email back but that was the end of that show.
      KB

Comment

Try this guy:

Dave Ryan @ LOUD / SLM
        CRATE & AMPEG
        SERVICE CENTER ADMINISTRATOR
        1-800-727-4512
        EXT 1400

He is in the St.Louis facility, not up where Mackie etc are.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Since the acquisition of SLM products, it seems alomst impossible to run a small business effeciently with the extremely long on-hold time among other transistional growing(?) pains.

I hope to see progress with any company. As time as gone on, since I started service 16 years ago, I've seen a lot of change in the industry to consolidate, out-source, cost-cut, etc. Hopefully the Pro-audio insdustry rebounds gracefully within our economic statis.

This is, however, and ironically, good reason for my first post, as it was only the desire for me to continue to build my own studio and music gear, fueled by this such subject!

Sorry about the long and cold intro to myself, but it is a positive position I hold to encourage like-minded tech/musicians to dream, engineer, create, experiement and so on.

-E

Comment

Thanks Enzo I may need that soon.
            KB

Comment

I placed a parts order for some Ampeg parts on June 20th and received email confirmation today. There was no reference to a tracking # so I can only guess that they shipped it today.

Comment

Got an email from them today. APparently they have sent out apps to 200 former service centers and only 95 replied.

I told them I was having second thoughts when they wanted lots of photos, insurance riders, P&L sheets, and other stuff. They have since sent this to all:

NOTE: We understand that the Application is a pain to those of you that were Svc Ctrs for SLME in the past.
                Therefore it is only necessary to sign:
                1) LOUD Standard NDA doc.
                2) New LOUD Agreement doc

The 7 page Application does NOT need to be filled out.
                We DO NOT need pictures of the shop, or what type of test equipment you own, where you went to school etc...
                Only the above mentioned documents is needed.
                SOmetimes griping pays off. I'll send mine in now.

Comment

Well, I was authorized crate and ampeg when it was SLM. Called Loud Technologies the other day, talked to the lady in charge of service. She told me to call Dave Ryan at SLM to get the apps and I did. Got them right away.
                  Getting Mackie approved is another story. They are not adding any new Mackie service centers yet, but was told that may change in the future.
                  Steve Griffith

Comment

I think you will find that even with a Mackie auth, there is little to work on. Their portable mixers are not field serviced, only the large format mixers. You'll get a lot more Crate/AMpeg work either way than Mackie.

Comment

LOUD Service Centers

I wanted to clear up some miss information about Loud Service Center application & set up process.
                      For all those inquiring about Loud service for Ampeg, Crate, Crate Pro Audio & Mackie Speakers.
                      We currently have 275 Svc Ctrs on board.
                      Only Svc Ctrs that have done business with SLM in the past do not have to fill out the entire application.
                      For those who have not been with SLM, we have to have the entire application filled out.
                      We do not however need pictures of the shop.
                      What type of test equipment you own.
                      Or where you went to school.

Everything else must be filled out & returned to Loud in Woodinville WA.
                      If any of you wish to be set up for authorized service for the above mentioned MI brands, feel free to contact me.
                      dave.ryan@loudtechinc.com
                      Thanks
                      Dave @ SLM

Comment

Hey Dave, thanks for chiming in. Welcome to our little discussion.

Comment

Powered subs and power amps

Loud has been sending me some SRM 450s in for repair. Takes longer to take out the 17 recessed screws than to repair these units. I like their new service and parts websites, makes it alot easier to file claims etc.
                          Last edited by WholeToneMusic; 05-26-2010, 01:05 AM. Reason: add message
                          Helping musicians optimize their sound.

Comment

I use my Xcelite 99 phillips bit, plus an extender or two, and chuck a female into my drill motor to turn it all. They come out pretty directly with that.

Comment

That's what I need. The first time I took one apart I was at a studio and I had gotten blistered up from the manual phillips.
                              Helping musicians optimize their sound.

Comment

Working...
                              X