SL1200MK2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL1200MK2

Anybody know how many poles a Technics SL1200MK2 magnet has? It looks like it has a large number of n/s pairs on the outside (based on looking at the FG coil), maybe 90? And a much smaller number on the inside, maybe 16? There are 12 coils on the stator.

No, but if I recall corectly it has only three driver circuits, however many poles it feeds them to.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

http://www.dschmid.com/resources/sl1...serviceman.pdf
      check out page 12

Comment

Originally posted by soundguruman View Post
        I'm checking it out but I'm not clear on what specifically you were referring to?

Enzo, yes the driver chip puts out 3 phases.

If anybodys interested, I figured out a way to check with a toy I forgot about. I think I was right about the inside, and pretty close on the outside:

Click image for larger version

Name:	outside.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	825932Click image for larger version

Name:	inside.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	825933

Comment

I could be wrong, but seems to me the manual warned not to turn on the motor circuits without the platter. Unloaded inductances or some such.

I could also be confusing something else.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
            I could be wrong, but seems to me the manual warned not to turn on the motor circuits without the platter. Unloaded inductances or some such.

I could also be confusing something else.
            Yeah there is a big sticker on the platter that says that. Nothing bad happens.

I imagine the problem would come if you replaced the platter with the motor on. I've never tried it, but it seems like it has embarassing/hilarious potential.

Comment

Never tempted fate, I assumed it was more like operating a tube amp without a speaker. Not a guarantee of bad, but potential for detruction. Like driving drunk.

Comment

Working...
              X