Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Behringer 1832FX mixer - losing left main output?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer 1832FX mixer - losing left main output?

Hi

I have had this mixer for 6 years and all the time if did not miss a beat.

Sadly it now kind of loses the left main signal (there is also no level shown on the meter), If I shake it a little it kind of comes back for a while. I put the effect on test signal and assigned to main and so I can see how the main meter level comes and goes with shaking (though in a sort of sneaky smooth way without any crackling being heard).

I can also see this same effect in the SUB mix - when I assign the test signal to go to SUB. This can be heard on headphones too and is valid for most inputs, it is as if the whole left bus collapses.

I opened it and stopped short of removing the main board, looks like a lot of switches to pull and I don't have a clue what to do after

Any ideas ?

regards

First, any assign type push switches that could be involved, wiggle them and see if the signal tries to come back. Does it make a difference if you assign a signal to a sub first versus direct to L/R?

I also tend to suspect the sliders themselves a lot. I find the bottoms pushed out on them a lot - something fell on the top of the lever and pushed out the bottom. But they also just open. I'd put a signal into a channel and assign to L/R, then look for signal on the master slider for the dead side. COmpare to the working side slider next to it.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

duh - the b****rd stopped doing it and now works, can't induce the problem in any way.

I think I will have a go at removing the main board for a 'clean' - hope that doesn't make it worse It's always been that one of the seldom used sub mix sliders cuts out when pushed to the side. I think this is unrelated to my latest problem but it might be worth a closer look.

Comment

Working...
      X