inexpensive but beautiful cable ends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inexpensive but beautiful cable ends?

hi, i was going to put this on google answers, but since its no more..

i'm looking for boutique grade cable ends that cost less than $1.25 each. yes, neutrik, cardas, etc are all known about by me. i need unusual, and beautiful looking but also cheap. this is probably an overseas sales lead, but you never know who might be on here. i build audio cables for guitar and bass and i need something that looks great. doesnt have to be bulletproof, just 'look the business' and be cheaper than neutrik/canare/g&h etc. i've looked through globalspec and others and my head is starting to hurt. i need great 1/4" mono phoneplug (aka guitar ends) first and foremost..

i'm willing to pay $15 for the lead.

thanks so much....

You mean there are other jack plugs besides Neutrik? I wouldn't buy a guitar lead with any other kind of plug. There are many cheap clones of the Neutrik style plugs now, though. I've seen some on sale at studiospares.com.
    "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

yes Switchcraft, good looking i don't know, but bulletproof, yes!

Comment

I build guitar cables also and I wouldn't want to put a "cheap" plug on a quality cable. I think Neutriks are the best thing out there. I've never seen a tougher plug. I always use the silent ends on one end of all the cables I build. Those are the best thing since buttered toast! They can be a pain to solder at times, but the end result is worth it. If you look around there is always someone with a special or sale on on or more of the different Neutrik plugs.
        But if you want an inexpensive plug they are available. I know Pomona sells Neutrik look alikes and a lot of people handle Pomona.
        An outfit called Futurlec (just google "futurlec") sells some Switchcraft look alikes really cheap. They have a right angle all metal plug that sells for around a buck a piece. They look nice, but I can't vouch for how they would hold up for a guitar cable. I've used a few for patch cords for myself and have had no problems with them.
        But I wouldn't use them on a guitar cable that gets moved around and stressed a lot. That's why there's Neutrik.

Comment

Just what we need. More cheap, but good LOOKING inferior garbage in the world. Anyone who subscribes to that kind of business ethics is of questionable character, in my book.

I was going to say "No offense, but", except I'm kind of offended.

Although, if your intent is to sell strictly to radical suicide bombers so they blow themselves up assembling things before they take out innocent victims...then I say "go for it".

Or, if you plan to flood the world with cheap junk to compete with cheap Chinese junk to do your part in offsetting the unfair trade imbalance...what the heck....go for it.

Just let us know what brand it is so we can avoid them, please.

Brad1

Comment

Working...
          X