Genz Benz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genz Benz

SO now that Genz Benz is part of Fender in the USA, my first warranty fix on one has come by. SOme small combo amp. The issue it had was not interesting, but in looking inside, I see the preamp on a board the length of the front panel, then a small board for the SMPS and power amp. I see looking at that power board that it was made by Bang & Olufsen. I have to say I would not have predicted that.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

ICEpower ? Class D audio amplifiers

Probably one of the better Class-D OEM modules out there.
    "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Eden uses B&O ICEpower125ASX2 modules in their WTX500 bass amp. I fixed 2 such modules. They failed only because someone has connected the module to 230V mains when it was set to 117V. The module is really very good - this is SMPS and power amp on one small board.

Mark

Comment

I've seen these same modules in some of the Gallien-Krueger stuff as well.

Comment

I wonder if the sales of their consumer line audiophile components have dropped so much that they needed to find a new revenue source?

Are they using these Class D modules in the high end audio line as well?

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Bill View Post
            I wonder if the sales of their consumer line audiophile components have dropped so much that they needed to find a new revenue source?

Are they using these Class D modules in the high end audio line as well?
            Doing a little research here I see that I'm once again way behind the curve. These have been OEM'd for quite a few years now. Surprised that they haven't popped up here before.

Comment

This is ICEPower 200ASC

Bill, I wouldn;t have thought they were looking to blow out surplus goods, rather I would think they identified a market they had not tapped but for their products and went for it.

I just never saw one before, so it is new to me.

Here is the ICE page:

ICEpower ? Class D audio amplifiers ? Consumer & Professional Audio
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

You bet.
                Massive market audio involutioned down to portable MP3 platers and listening to downloaded music on cheap 2" PC speakers with 1 W RMS amps.
                And many remaining "Audiophiles", instead of buying *great* systems (such as B&O) spend their money in cr*p such as silver speaker cable, cryogenic silver capacitors , tube CD players and such.
                Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Genz Benz Neo 400-600 power amp details that i found in my travels, it may help someone
                  Attached Files

Comment

I think the Icepower stuff was a joint venture between B&O and some university research lab. Maybe a spinout company and OEMing was all part of the deal. I know B&O use the modules in their high-end active speaker systems.
                    "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Emminently reasonable, I was just surpised to see the name in a guitar amp.

Comment

Working...
                      X