Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wharfedale SVP-12pm help

Hi. I have this unit for repair.
    Problem is the low voltage auxiliary transformer has gone bad (not the smps high freq transformer)
    I don't have the schematic for this unit nor do I have specs on this transformer.
    Judging by the secondary filter caps, might be 12v secondary, but can't say for sure.
    Can anybody shed some light on this for me please?

If the filtar caps are something like 16v or 25v, then a 12v DC supply is a reasonable guess, and then a 12vAC would seem reasonable too.

If the little transforme3r is definitely bad, explore the rectifiers and stuf it feeds to see if anything is shorted and might have caused the failure. Then connect some 12vAC from a wall wart of something to where the transformer would go and see if the rest of the system functions. If you can determine that it wants 12v or 9v or 6vAC or whatever, it should be easy enough to find a suitable substitute for the original.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Is there a Zener or some type of regulation after the rectifier? If so, hook a variac to the circuit and slowly turn it up until everything works monitoring the DC voltage after the regulation point and the AC input.

Comment

Maybe this will help.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanx mate !!!

Comment

You're very welcome!

Comment

Paleeman Do have that EVP-15PM schematic I asked about?? It doesn't contain the "X" as in EVPx-15pm. Its a different circuit.

Comment

I did not forget it, I just can't seem to find it. I have a bunch of Wharf's schematics, but the one you ask, ain't among them. Eventually, I'll dig it up somewhere.

Comment

Cool. Thanx again.

Comment

Originally posted by paleeman View Post
                    Maybe this will help.
                    Could you let me have the circuit for Wharfedale SVP-12PM as well. I can't seem to download it from this forum.

Many thanks,

John

Comment

Repost of the Service Manual.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Brilliant! Thanks very much.
                        John B

Comment

Working...
                        X