Peavey PR15D speaker - no audio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey PR15D speaker - no audio?

I have 2 of these models, both with same issue. Power test OK, no audio out on both.
    Opened one unit, visible chip blown, 7400 IC along with another resistor. Any have/seen this issue?
    Opened up 2nd unit, same chip is visually OK, and resistor test OK.

Schematics available? Anything else I should be testing?

I would call Peavey & ask for the schematic.
    The techs are very helpfull also.

Comment

A blown power amp IC? Yes, we have seen that on just about any product that uses the things.

Visibly blown parts should be removed. Fuses checked internally. IC may not look blown, but it still could be shorted. One easy check is to measure resisrtance from the hot speaker lead to the two main power rails. COntinuity means a short in the IC most likely.

Work without a speaker load until you are sure the thing does not produce DC.

Since making sound is the entire job of these circuits, just about every part in them is involved, so a complaint like "no sound" is pretty much generic. The amps COULD both have the same things wrong, but could just as easily have totally different problems.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

If your the original owner with the sales receipt and bought it within the last 5 years it should be covered under warranty.

Comment

Working...
        X