Ordering Female XLR PCB mount receptacles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering Female XLR PCB mount receptacles

Howdy folx, I've got to order a couple Female XLR PCB horizontal mount receptacles for a little Roland PA. The stock units are pretty cheap/cheezy and only make intermittent connection with the Male XLR plug. There are numerous replacements available but I can't make any sense of the PCB pin orientation on the Neutrik spec drawing. Do 3-pole(with panel-ground pin) PCB-mount XLR connectors have standard pin spacing or are they gonna be different for every manufacturer/model. If I'm gonna replace 'em I want to upgrade to a quality Switchcraft or Neutrik unit. HELP!
    "If you can get the smoke back in the amp, it will work."

As far as I know, vertical mount XLRs have the same spacing as the connector pins. Right angle connectors all seem to have their own arrangement. You go to Mouser, find something that looks like yours, then download its data sheet and check any dimensions that concern you.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I found the right one, the drawing made a little more sense in the morning after a couple cups of coffee.
      "If you can get the smoke back in the amp, it will work."

Comment

Working...
      X