Peavey XR 600 Fan Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey XR 600 Fan Problems

I have A Peavey XR 600F on my work bench and I'm having problems with the fan no coming on. I check for voltage and I'm getting 7 to 12 volts. The schematic say it's needs to be 24 volts to run. When I unplugged the power going to the front board, the voltage drop to o volts. When I plug it back up I have 7 volts. If I unplug the ribbon cable on to the front board I get 9 volts. The other problem is when I play music though the amp and turn the volume up to about 60% it cuts out. Please help me!!!! P.S the amp module is the 400SC.

Originally posted by Dmanuel0356 View Post
    I have A Peavey XR 600F on my work bench and I'm having problems with the fan no coming on. I check for voltage and I'm getting 7 to 12 volts. The schematic say it's needs to be 24 volts to run. When I unplugged the power going to the front board, the voltage drop to o volts. When I plug it back up I have 7 volts. If I unplug the ribbon cable on to the front board I get 9 volts. The other problem is when I play music though the amp and turn the volume up to about 60% it cuts out. Please help me!!!! P.S the amp module is the 400SC.
    I would call 601 483 5365 and ask the techs for the service notes on that unit.

Comment

Looking at the schematic, it appears that the fan is 'heat driven'.
      It takes heat to turn it on.
      Now, the cutting out issue may be a totally separate item.
      I would try the amp without a speaker (or dummy) load to see if it cuts out then.
      If not, load up one channel at a time to narrow down if it is a channel specific problem or a global problem.
      As always, when tasked with repairing an amp, check ALL of the power supplies for stability & lack of Vac ripple.
      Attached Files

Comment

Jazz,

Your link no longer works would you mind sharing the full service manual for this XR 600F? Got one here blowing fuses. I emailed Peavey sometimes they take a couple days to respond.

Comment

XR600F Scematic

This?
          Attached Files
          Well, you know what they say: "One man's mojo is another man's mojo".

Comment

Or any Peavey schematics you ever need can be had from customer service at Peavey.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks Tbonuss,

Why do most Peavey schematics not include the PA and PSU? It is missing in this as well. Do you have that?

Comment

What power amp board do you have. Peavey makes preamp circuits for the front, and power amps for the rear. The same power amp can be used in multiple models.

Sounds like the 400SC is the power amp. That is what you need.
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

400SC (400 watt XR amps)

I think it would be one of these:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks! Am I missing something? Is it notated in the schematic somewhere? I don't see those numbers in here on the board. Possible it's on the under side, haven't looked there yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                      What power amp board do you have. Peavey makes preamp circuits for the front, and power amps for the rear. The same power amp can be used in multiple models.

Sounds like the 400SC is the power amp. That is what you need.
                      Thanks Enzo. That verifies it then
                      The "F" that I just fixed had the bridged output, so I think that implies the first one (1999) for an "F" (?).

Comment

Look at the layout p[ictures, which matches your boards?

Comment

Ok so that's how Peavey works then... good to know. I'm sure I ran across this before but did no investigate the matter.

Comment

Working...
                          X