UkeSB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UkeSB

I never would have guessed, USB Ukeleles. I especially like the trussrod cover logo.

Lanikai Labs ? UkeSB | Lanikai Ukuleles
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

A sign of the times we live in. Although purists would likely scoff...
    The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Possibly a good thing; you could process the signal and make it sound like something else. I would imagine Hell is full of ukeleles.

EDIT;

We'll, I'll eat my words on this. It sounds quite good. Perhaps I've been raised on a diet of red-and-blue plastic ukes. And plywood ones with an action 3/4" high and all the sustain of a gunshot. As well as George Formby. These are in a different league.
      Last edited by Mick Bailey; 06-10-2013, 04:29 PM.

Comment

In my day it would have been a plastic uke with Roy Rogers painted on it.

maybe you've seen this, but her is some uke that isn't plastic, IZ Kamakawiwo'ole .

OFFICIAL - Somewhere Over the Rainbow 2011 - Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo'ole - YouTube
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

And then there are numbers like this
          The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - YouTube
          Who would have thunk to do this with Ukes

Comment

I had an interesting instrument to work on last year - a Saz. 3 pickups, series/parallel/phase wiring and multiple tone and volume controls. It was poorly made and had strange moveable frets made like cable ties.

The intervals up the fretboard weren't even-tempered. It had 8 strings in 4 courses and it sounded like cutting a cardboard box with a rusty bread knife. I thought it was junk at the time.

But how the guy could play when he picked it up. He made it rock.

Try this;

Kemal Mara? - Ak?am Güne?i - YouTube

Comment

I own a saz. Not electric though. Frets are made of nylon fishing line wrapped around the neck. Body is carved out of a single piece of wood. Unfortunately the body on mine is cracked in two. Mine is more rustic, wooden peg tuners. The thing is close to four feet long,.

Comment

Working...
              X