No announcement yet.

Behringer xenyx 2442fx power supply?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of the 'Brown Stuff' under the caps is glue.
    If the TIP transistors are working, why change them?
    I mean, you certainly can if you want to, it's just ........a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
      Some of the 'Brown Stuff' under the caps is glue.
      If the TIP transistors are working, why change them?
      I mean, you certainly can if you want to, it's just ........a thought.
      I will be changing C6, C9, C12, C16 for buldging tops. T1, T4, T2, T5 just in case

I'm not really sure where else to begin with this and I'm not sure if any of the parts being changed are the cause of the supply to drop voltage when loaded.

One thing I find strange is that I have a 10 ohm resistor added between pin 5 of IC4 and D7/C13 junction. My board is the same part number and Rev as the schematic: Can anyone comment on this and would it have been factory?

Any more direction would be greatly appreciated. I feel close but not quite there yet

Thanks
      Ryan

Comment

What Rev# is on the board?
        I had a Rev B where they had a goofy 56Volt zener on the high side of the Phantom Power.
        That has since been eliminated.
        So they have had changes to the supply.

Comment

yes there is a ghost resistor in this circuit

Behringer 1222FX power supply UB-SPSU2 - giving me double voltages ?

see this thread for my failed attempt to fix one of these, problem was i think CAPs, I replaced one, it got fixed for a while and then blew up again - only then I noticed that other caps had bulged, and then it was too late, I had excellent help here and tried almost everything but I think in the end looked like the TOP chip was blown and I could not find it under £5 so I gave up. I spent countless hours on this and I still intend to fix and sell it as soon as I find a TOP245 chip without $10 delivery charge

btw trying to pull out and put back in the big diodes is very dodgy -try to do it when if have located the problem there

Comment

Brown stuff is glue, bulging tops is a plea for "change me."

Your resistor is just a little current limiting for the LED inside the opto.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

You have to be real careful with these circuit boards.
              It is real easy to lose a connection if the circuit is stressed.
              Through a fault or even from replacing parts.
              It pays to prove out the connections with a meter.

Comment

Working...
              X