Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peavey xr684 has 3 dead channels

Hi,
    I just got a Peavey xr684 in for repair. 3 channels (5,6, &7) are dead. no signal from either the xlr or the 1/4" inputs. Channel 8 is probably next to go, it has an excessive amount of hiss in the channel.
    I pulled the input board and discovered it's mostly smd components.
    Has anyone else had this issue? I have the schematics but I try to avoid working on smd stuff if possible.
    It looks like this one might be a "just replace the whole board" repair. Providing the board doesn't cost more than the mixer is worth.

Bad spark plug? Change the whole engine. Or buy a spark plug wrench and learn how to use it.

SMD is not going to go away.

Troubleshooting doesn;t care how large or small the parts are. Find out what is wrong. If you have a couple tiny op amps now dead, bite the bullet and learn how to change them. CHipQuik makes it fairly easy. I am a pro and I even use it

Chip Quik: Easy removal of surface mounted devices
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I would suggest finding out what is exactly the fault.
      Have you tried both inputs (1/4" & XLR)
      If you suspect the first opamp, look at pin 1.
      If there is no signal, then you must work your way back towards the input jacks to prove that it reaches the opamp input.

Comment

Working...
      X