Peavey XR 1200D (1990 model) left channel not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey XR 1200D (1990 model) left channel not working

I have this powered mixer and the left channel no longer works. I would like to know the steps I could take in solving this issue. I have an average working knowledge of basic electronics but I have to admit that some things on this mixer are a bit to old for me to know about. I also have tried to read other threads about this mixer and I have yet to actually find one topic where I was 100% confident that the mixer I was reading about was actually the one that I have. I have come to realize that just because Peavey has a name for something could mean it is 3 different things. For instance, a Rockmaster could be a guitar, a guitar preamp, or even a full blown guitar head. After a test on the current from the small circuit board that holds the fuses, I see their is barely a tick in the power whereas the right side has plenty of power. I actually removed all the wires going from that board to I guess it woudl be the power stage. I am not certain. It says on top 304 OUTPUT B. Any attempt to provide power to this side causes the box to buzz very loudly. So I am confused, is it the output b, or is it one of the thermal fuse/transformer/power supplies or whatever. All meters show signals on both channels and listening to the RCA inputs with headphones comes in perfect stereo. I don't have an external amp or crossover or intend to use one. I want the left side to operate one speaker and the right side to operate one speaker. This is just a old mixer I have at home that I want to come in stereo. I keep the awesome gear at the studio.

Here is a link for the schematic: PEAVEY XR800XR 1200D MIXER Service Manual free download, schematics, eeprom, repair info for electronics

Comment

Working...
    X