Technics SX-PX55 digital piano with no output from headphone socket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technics SX-PX55 digital piano with no output from headphone socket

This old digital piano works great except for you can't use headphones, which is inconvenient if you want to practice without bothering anybody. I've got the piano apart, but that's as far as I can go. The socket may just have bent contacts inside, but I can't disassemble it without breaking the plastic. Nor can I find a replacement socket (1/4", 7-pin, switching) to match. Easiest thing would be to find a good socket on the correct circuit board--it's a pretty small circuit board--so I can just replace the whole assembly. Any Technics parts out there?
    Keith

Post us a photo of the bad jack, so we might identify what you need. It is probably not a custom made jack.

DO you have reason to know it is a bad jack, or are you just guessing?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Well, I'm pretty sure it's a bad jack. It did kinda sorta work. When you put a headphone jack into it you could hear it faintly... then if you twisted and turned it you could hear it better, sometimes out of one ear, sometimes out of both. So I put a loop of thin wire in it and pulled one of the contacts up a little bit. That made it work better for a while. So I sprayed it with electrical contact cleaner and let it sit. Now it doesn't work at all, except for the switching function, i.e., if you put a headphone jack in then the speakers don't get a signal and the piano is mute. The headphones worked fine on another electric piano.

[/URL]
      [/URL]

Comment

The First thing I would try is a reflow of the solder joints.

Hit all of them.

Make double sure that you do not inadvertantly bridge the header pins (CN1) as they sit close together.

If the jack is still acting up here is a link to purchase one.

Fender Jack Phone Stereo 6.5mm 0059922000

You can clip of the two unneeded outside pins.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I've been looking all over for that jack with no success. Got it now! Thanks again.

Comment

Installed the new headphone connection and it works perfectly. Thanks again!
            Keith

Comment

Working...
            X