Focusrite Saffire 26 Power supply measurements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Focusrite Saffire 26 Power supply measurements

Hi, this might be a bit of a long shot, but does anybody have a saffire 26 and would be willing to measure the voltages for the 3 pin connector on the power supply?

A friend wants me to re-solder the connector, but there is no info i can find on the web to tell me the pin out. It looks like he tripped over the cable as there isn't any wire left on the solder lugs of the 3 pin connector.

Thanks.

Jackson.

According to Focusrite, the power adaptor produces 15vAC. But I cannot tell if that is center tapped or either side of a center tap or just a simple winding with an earth lead too. An ohm meter and volt meter ought to determine that.

But really, the first thing I;d do would be to contact Focusrite and ask them.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Agreed on contacting Focusrite directly.

That said, I would check continuity from pins in the chassis' jack itself and see if any of the pins are grounded to the chassis of the unit (probably pin 1?). If so, you might be able to figure it out from there. There would be a ground wire in the power supply cable that connects to the chassis ground pin and the other two wires would be AC. That would seem a likely configuration, but again is just a guess.
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Yep, and we could also open the unit up and look at the circuit tracery. It is usually evident what is going on in power supply.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X