Fender Champion 600 Low Volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
    ANything is possible, but in my experience, an open 1500 ohm cathode resistor is exceedingly rare.
    And I'd submit that as components are unsoldered and resoldered to those thin copper traces, the fault is more (and more) likely to be found on the circuit board itself. At least that's what I've found from my own experience...
    Enzo is (of course!) right on the money about how to find the problem by following the circuit from a reference point up to the area where the trouble manifests. Electrons don't make logical leaps, don't you either!
    If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
    If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
    We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
    MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Thanks Enzo , I'll get to work tonight!!! Thanks again

Comment

Finally got back at it...Went back through and check all resistors ,paths all were good.
        I noticed that the former owner had replaced R8 with a 220k 1watt. I switched it out with
        a 100k 1/2 watt "what the schematic called for " and WOW back on line.
        That's great, but I'd like to learn why ? Thanks for everybody's help

Comment

Originally posted by themusic View Post
          the former owner had replaced R8 with a 220k 1watt. I switched it out with
          a 100k 1/2 watt "what the schematic called for " and WOW back on line.
          That's great, but I'd like to learn why ?
          What is the value of R2? Sounds like someone did part of the "frondelli mod" and forgot to change R2 to 2.7K.
          Hot-Rodding The New Fender Champion 600! - Billy Penn's 300Guitars.com

You said there was a diagram of the mod inside the amp, is R8 part of the mod? Can you post the diagram?
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
          X