No announcement yet.

Samson Xp308i problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all and forgive me for hijacking this topic as well.

My unit is working pretty well but only the left output is working. Both speakers are OK it's just the left output.
    I opened it up to see if it needed some cleanup or if a wire is lose but I looks like it's all in order.

Any ideas what could cause this?

Comment

Just in case people read this in the future. In the uk you can get a new psu/power amp board from samson ( Korg Spares ) for about £85.

Bassman

Comment

I bought one of these new about a month ago, I think I saw that the 308 is discontinued. Anyways the initial unit had a high pitch squeal when plugged in so Samson said I should exchange it. I did this and the replacement is doing something strange, when I power it on and use it, when finished using it I power it off and flip the switch to the off position the power light stays lit. Unplug it and plug it back in and it is off. I am wondering if I should abandon Samson return it and get a Yamaha or ?? I can't have this failing me when I have shows booked to play. I have sent a inquiry to Samson, should hear from them next week, will update.

Comment

If you turn the switch off and do not unplug it, does the light stay on forever, or does it fade out after awhile?
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

No, it does not at any rate the original problem with the first unit is back. This one squeals when plugged in and turned off. I called the store and decided to return it and get a Yamaha 400i. They (Long and Mcquade Canada) have a unit that is made in Canada, probably with parts from China. I don't want spend 1200$ The Yammy is 800 (Canadian). I guess they are all made in China or Asia somewhere. I drive a older Honda Odyssey because it was made in Japan, even the Honda Fit is made in China.

Thanks for your reply.

https://www.long-mcquade.com/58479/P...Compact_PA.htm

Comment

If you don't need the subwoofer, then the Yamaha is probably a better fit for you. The Yorkville product will have a better warranty though.
              Either one may be using parts mad in China. It's not the fact they are made in China that is relevant, but the price point the parts are built to. If you are a manufacturer, you can get cheap junk made in China, or world class top quality items also made in China. It depends on how much you want to spend.
              Originally posted by Enzo
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Played a show today with the Yamaha 400i and it was far superior to the Samson. I had a lot of compliments on my sound today, been playing this place for 4 years, the last couple with the Samson XP308 before that I had a XP150. It cost me 140$ more (vs the XP308 with a extra year warranty). It sounds like a 1000$ better.

Interesting that Squealing noise with the XP308, it didn't do it at Long and Mcquade. I am puzzled by that, could it have been RF noise from my Wi-Fi ? There had to be something wrong with that second 308 I returned (when power switch was switched to off it was still running, unplug it/plug it back in and it would go to off). Must have been a faulty unit as the first one did not do that.

Comment

Working...
                X