Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Can't Get Next to You - The Temptations - YouTube

Comment

That looks like an asbestos Pad to me, 70s, I'd bet on it!
      I had lots of Asbestos training installing Phone Switches in the Bell system.
      To remove, just use a Wetting agent, a spray bottle of water or anything to contain the dust.
      I drilled holes in Asbestos floor tiles for 40 years. the first twentyfive, we just ate and breathed the dust.
      I cut and sawed, and drilled it a lot.
      The next 15-20 we had to be oh so careful how we handled it.
      So if you want to remove it, wet it, remove it and put it in a ziplock bag and dispose of it.
      GL,
      T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
        That looks like an asbestos Pad to me, 70s, I'd bet on it!
        It probably is asbestos. But it **could** have been replaced with the very similar, less (we think) dangerous ceramic fiber at some time in the past four decades.

That's beside the point of what I replied to. I just don't care for people who think entirely too much of themselves and show it by blathering out stuff they can't possibly back up.
        Amazing!! Who would ever have guessed that someone who villified the evil rich people would begin happily accepting their millions in speaking fees!

Oh, wait! That sounds familiar, somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by R.G. View Post
          It probably is asbestos. But it **could** have been replaced with the very similar, less (we think) dangerous ceramic fiber at some time in the past four decades.

That's beside the point of what I replied to. I just don't care for people who think entirely too much of themselves and show it by blathering out stuff they can't possibly back up.
          "If you don't think too good, don't think too much."
          Ted Williams

Comment

Refrasil and Nomex type materials have largely supplanted asbestos in many current applications.

Refrasil Silica-Based Insulation

Nomex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.dupont.com/products-and-s...plication.html

SG
            Last edited by sgelectric; 05-20-2014, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Nomex is off-white too!
              Last edited by tedmich; 05-20-2014, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by soundguruman View Post
                I can spot asbestos by eye, with absolutely no difficulty.
                --Jim

He's like a new set of strings... he just needs to be stretched a bit.

Comment

I can spot bullshit by eye, with absolutely no difficulty.
                  "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
                  X