2SC2028 Equivalent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2SC2028 Equivalent

Anybody know of an equivalent, preferably easy obtainable, for this transistor. It is a 50V 1,5A device. To-220. Pin ECB.

Audio lab of Ga

Edit: Sorry, just realized you are in South Africa. That link is probably not of much use to you. I'm leaving it up anyway in case anyone else is ever looking.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

NTE373 comes up as an equivalent.

Try alltransistors.com for a database match on specs. You need to check the pinout of any equivalent as well. How well the replacement performs depends on the location in circuit.

Comment

In my entire life, I do not recall a TO220 transistor that was not pinned B-C-E.

I hate to see anyone using NTE, just my personal bias.

What would be wrong with a plain old TIP31C?

Transistors are not usually critical. If this is a voltage regulator circuit, just about anything will work. If it is a driver, look at other similar circuits and use what they use. If it drives a relay, then use anything.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

It appears that it is a TO126 case.
          And the pinout is indeed ECB.

Here is a seller on EBay that has them: Universal Electronic Part Transistor New Never Installed 2SC 2028 | eBay

Comment

Perhaps its just Japanese RF TO-220 packages, but some are pinned B-E-C.

Comment

Decided to use BD139 as equivalent...

Comment

Working...
              X