volume ans sustain pedals need recommendation of which to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• volume ans sustain pedals need recommendation of which to buy

I'm getting a hammond sk-1 73 key and can't afford their volume/expression pedal any try a Morley PVO electro-optical system???
    I'd like to know if the volume comes out smoothly thru the full range of movement? and is it built like a rock?
    never tried a electro-optical type pedal before...
    AND I also heard volume pedals need to be a mono type jack? why do some have a reverse polarity switch do certain instruments need it?

any recommendations for sustain pedals? heard they need to have stereo type 1/4" jack?? I'm thinking of getting the Roland DP-10 which has reverse polarity switch (again)?? and it has a half way setting capability for sustain.. going by the few reviews I've read all positive,, like " sturdy build".....
    there's also the KSP-100 with polarity switch, half way sustain pedal control...

AND, for playing organ/piano music is just a regular on/off type foot switch good for activating the Leslie??? and which is better to have a latching or un-latching capability. I'm thinking latched so I can click on the leslie and not have to keep my foot on it if I want to keep it going??

ANY input for any of these types of pedals desperately needed..... first organ I'm buying so kid of set on the Hammond SK1-73 key....
    the only other choice was the Nord 4 SW 73 key,, but you can't split the keyboard with the Nord and it's $100.00 bucks more...
    I love the B-3 sound so unless someone has first hand experience with either of these keyboards I'll probably go with the Hammond.

one last-- what's everybody's opinion for 61 keys or 73 keys??? I'm thinking in piano mode 73 keys would add much more room like I'm guessing 1 1/2 octaves???

popoahi@gmail.com

But in any case it's the info and opinion of which pedals are the best to use for volume, sustain and leslie operation....

Comment

Opinion on volume only. DON'T like Morley type pedals. They have to go past level to get all the way up. In other words, your foot has to press it down PAST the point if being level to be all the way up. Can't stand that. I have used an old DeArmond 1602 for 25 years. Never HAS broken. No power required either. I use a 61 key synth all the time It's plenty. I leave the 88 key piano at home!

Comment

there must be a whole bunch of guitarist who play keyboards too. maybe I need to run a new thread???

Comment

Originally posted by popoahi View Post
          there must be a whole bunch of guitarist who play keyboards too. maybe I need to run a new thread???
          Not really. We all see this thread and now you have two threads going on the same topic. You could clean up the situation by deleting the other post before anyone responds. It will serve you and everyone else best to keep all the information in this thread.
          Cheers,
          Tom

Comment

I checked the FAQ but no answer...
            so how do I delete the first thread??

thanks for the advice..

popo

Comment

Originally posted by popoahi View Post
              ...so how do I delete the first thread?
              When viewing your recent post click the "Edit Post" button then click the "delete" button at the bottom of the next window and follow the instructions.
              You can only edit or delete your own posts and the function is only available for something like 12 to 14 hours. Moderators are the only ones with the power to change or delete other people's posts or to do things like move whole threads to other forums.

The delete function is also useful for cleaning out inadvertent double posts.

Take care,
              Tom

Comment

Working...
              X