Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverend Hellhound added a choke and now have odd symptom

Hey Folks,

I decided to add a choke to a Reverend Hellhound. Figure it was good idea since the heaters are DC. I added a 4H 90mA Fender style choke. I replaced a 10w 1k resistor located between two 100uf 500v Caps.
    Now, on the 40W setting of the 'Schizo" switch it sounds normal. Maybe a bit cleaner. but, on the 60W setting, when a note is decaying, it peters out with a 'frazzle' sound (for lack of a better description). It kind of fizzles at the end.

Do you think this is enough of a choke for the application? Could this be the issue? Or, does the resister need to be there even with the choke?

Could something else be going on?

I'm a bit new to electronics, so if something is too complex I may need to take to a repair service.

Thanks for nany help!

A note that fizzles out on the decay is sometimes a symptom of crossover distortion. Did you adjust the bias?
    Last edited by Mick Bailey; 07-09-2014, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks Mick. Good point.
      I did play around with the Hellhound last night, and when switching between 40 and 60 watt setting on the Schizo switch, there was an audible drop and a momentary warbling sound. I'm beginning to suspect the switch itself is bad. Thanks for the help. I'll have the bias checked as well.

Comment

Working...
      X