Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBD Chips output

Hi everyone.

I would like to know if anyone has images of the output of a bbd chip before reconstruction filter.
    I am woking on a moogerfooger that shows a lot o problems, one of them is a bad bbd chip (MN3008) that only has a waveform on one of the complementary outputs, the other is dead.

I looked for pics of the output of bbd's and didnt found anything. Just curious.... i would like to see a propper mixed output to compare.

The moog doesnt use trim pots to balance the outputs and i see a very nasty error in all the bbd´s outputs.

Thanks

You should have an output on both pin 3 and pin 4. If you don't, then the chip is bad.

Are you certain that the bias on the input is correct?

You should be able to buy replacement MN3008 chips, but they will be expensive.
    Alternatively, you can use a Beiling BL3208 or Coolaudio V3208 and convert the board to use the 3208.
    The Madbean Aquaboy documentation shows how to convert that board for either a 3000 series or 3200 series BBD.
    http://www.madbeanpedals.com/project.../AquaboyDX.pdf

Comment

Here's the datasheet for the 3008
      mn3008 panasonic 8-pin (BBD - 2048 stage).pdf
      Start simple...then go deep!

"EL84's are the bitches of guitar amp design." Chuck H

"How could they know back in 1980-whatever that there'd come a time when it was easier to find the wreck of the Titanic than find another SAD1024?" -Mark Hammer

Comment

This is the output of two consecutive chips, the unit has 5 of them.

Comment

Working...
        X