Hammond L-100 $?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammond L-100 $?

I bought this for $100 and it sounded horrible when turned on. Was fixed with some tonewheel oil. All good now. I no longer have space for it and want to sell it. Anyone know what these are worth?

The L series are not worth much, they do not have that Hammond growl that the earlier models have. They have a more church organ sound. Great reverb. You might be able to get your $100 back if you can find the right buyer. I have scored three of them for free in the last two years all in perfect working condition.

Comment

Originally posted by lowell View Post
      I bought this for $100 and it sounded horrible when turned on. Was fixed with some tonewheel oil. All good now. I no longer have space for it and want to sell it. Anyone know what these are worth?
      To get much more than $100, better be in excellent physical condition and you gotta find that "motivated buyer." The L's CAN be made to rock. Keith Emerson, well he beat the hell out of his didn't he? Heck you can list it on Craigs, and if all else fails find the Hammond repair & rental place in town and see if they'll take it. The local Hammond shop here loves to find things like this, they part 'em out & keep the local A, B and C series Hammonds going.
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Working...
      X